{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

14 July 2017

What's on the jukebox, Jo?


Behind the scenes at Adventures & Tea Parties, creative lifestyle blog and accessory brand.


How was your week? Did you have a good one? Any highlights?

I don't know why but for some reason my need to sew clothes came flying back out of nowhere. I had put it on the shelf and actually put one pattern I cut out in the cupboard for two years! For whatever reason I pulled the dress out and over a couple of evenings I'd nearly finished it but then got to that stage where I realised I clearly hadn't measured properly at the time of cutting it out...two years ago. So, I'm planning to do a bit of taking it in at the seams and see how it fairs. With this renewed energy to sew, I felt encourage to start the design idea that's been floating around in my head for months. It's one for my shop, not a personal sewing project and I'm still tweaking it, then going to look at getting it launched in my shop asap, yay! So, the need to sew that dress pattern again lead to something good and ooh, it felt wonderful!

That was the highlight of my week for sure but as I like to keep focused on the positive and acknowledge the good stuff that happens, here are 5 more happy things that happened this week.

Happy #1 / I designed and sent off my idea to Bespoke Laser UK for feedback and we're working together to try and make it happen, exciting!

Happy #2 / Picked the first crop of peas and spinach and they were the sweetest, freshest ever.

Happy #3 / Wore a dress every day this week, mostly handmade ones I created years ago.

Happy #4 / Got orders for my new pin design, woohoo!

Happy #5 / Laughing over stick-in-your-head-annoying-songs with my friends.

Here are seven songs that are fun, happy and might, just might, stick in your head for the weekend! ;)

Ghostbusters 
Ca Plane Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand
I can't stand the rain - Ann Peebles
You Got It by Roy Orbison
I've got reasons by Mary Jane Hooper
Something good going to happen by Utah Saints
Kids in America by Kim Wilde

Happy Friday everyone, have a fab weekend!


{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...