This week the theme of work, business and life has mostly been, plate spinning and building up to an almighty cold and virus. Thank you body, thank you, on a Friday as well. I had nice plans this weekend. Me-thinks too much plate spinning is the cause. So, having worked on a rather wonderful wedding order today (now all packed up and ready to send), I'm planning to go and put my pyjamas on (rock 'n roll!), put a fire in and curl up by it like a poorly puppy. But before I collapse (melodramatic, me?) and because I like to end the working week on a positive note, as usual I'm going to write down the good things that happened and share a bit of music with you too.
Ok, so positive things this week:
- Received a wonderful personalised wedding order from a customer who wrote to tell me how happy she was that I added three more colours in the Love Heart Hanky design because she could then choose one of each for her bridesmaids, Mum and Mum in-law. Yay!
- Found some chocolates under a cushion. They're in a sealed box and I think left over from Christmas. Really, I kid you not. I was delighted, even with my non sweet tooth and immediately opened them and ate three in a row. Nice surprise.
- Received a custom design request for days of the week hankies, with alternative phrases for someone who refuses to retire. I can't wait to start making them!
- Won the lottery and jetted off to a remote island....oh, no wait, that was a dream.
- Got started on my re-brand with the lovely Cat from Twin Pines :) Trying to not get completely over excited about this project but I already am, ha-ha!
- Finished this stunning book by Ali Smith called, Autumn. For those who like a little bit politics woven into a beautiful poetic story, with heart-warming characters, then I'd recommend picking up a copy.
- Discovered this Shoe Shop. I want to buy ALL THE SHOES but when would I wear them? I need a lovely reason to get dressed up.
- I kickstarted the week with a wonderful surprise gift request for a certain Border Terrier called, Jack. It was posted directly to Jack because he's a super special dog like that. And the week ended with a lovely photo being sent to me of Jack wearing his neckerchief. Doesn't he look so smart! My urge to get a little dog like Jack or Pedro is getting slightly ridiculous now!
So, lots of good stuff! :) And now for a spot of music.
One track stood out for me this week. It gave me that rush of happiness and high emotion that only music can do. I heard it on my favourite station, 6 Music and well, you just have to listen to it. It's available on Spotify and looks like you can download it too:
- Sekstur from Vendsyssel; The Peat Dance by Trad. & Danish String Quartet
Look it up and listen, it's glorious!
Now, I'm off to collapse. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!