{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

20 January 2017

What's on the jukebox, Jo?

Adventures & Tea Parties


Hurrah, it's Friday! What a crazy busy week. How was yours? Did you get stuff done? Maybe learn something new, get the doodling book out, cook something tasty? 

I had a productive week getting all my latest new designs photographed and in my NOTHS and Etsy shops and got some stuff ticked off the to-do list. As well as that I did a spot of blogging, so if you missed out here are some handy links:

A day in the life of a jewellery designer - this has been soooooo popular!
Painting tips
What to listen to while crafting

A couple of things I've introduced to my week on a personal front are drawing or knitting each night to help me unwind from work and walking for 1 hour each day to stop me from just sitting at my desk all day; also I really love bird watching and getting out into the countryside. Star spots this week included a Goldcrest, Long Tailed Tits and a Stoat. Ok, so I know a Stoat isn't a bird but I have to include it under "star spots". I was just walking along, breathing in the fresh air when I heard a rustling in the hedge. I turned to look and saw a long, rat-like tail moving through the brambles. Realising that this wasn't attached to a bird, I stopped still. At the same time the tail stopped too and then, amongst the camouflage of the hedge, a little faced turned and looked at me. I gasped a little in surprise as I realised it was rather Stoat like. We stayed that way, staring at each other in surprise for what felt like minutes but in reality was more like seconds. It was rather lovely. No photographic evidence I'm afraid but that makes it a bit more special I think as it's just a memory now. Oh and if you follow my Instagram Stories you will have seen just how gloriously sunny it's been here in Somerset. Don't get me wrong it's not been a heatwave by any means, just full on heavy frosts and bright blue sky; my favourite type of winter day. Hmm, methinks I might start writing about my daily walks; maybe share a blog post or two.

When I wasn't spotting things in hedges, the radio and Spotify was keeping me company in the studio, with these numbers definitely my favourite of the week:

Go Up by Cassius ft. Cat Power, Pharrell 
C-h-e-m-i-c-a-l by The Chemical Brothers
Bootcut jimmy the G by Hooton Tennis Club
Narcotic by Liquido
Creepin' by Moon Duo
I Give You Power by Arcade Fire ft. Mavis Staples

Have you heard any good tunes lately? I love a recommendation, so do get in touch - we could swap song recommendations!

My weekend plans are a good kind of busy. How about you? I'm going to be meeting up with friends and family, eating yummy food and catching up on a few jobs I want off my plate before I have a mini holiday next week. Oh and definitely a spot more doodling and knitting too. If you want to see what I'm doodling or where I go walking, don't forget to come follow me on Instagram, so that you can keep up-to-date on m IG Stories feed.

Righto, that's it for this week, so I'm signing off. Have a fab weekend!

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...