{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

4 January 2017

CBloggers Secret Santa

In December I took part in the first ever CBloggers Secret Santa. Organised by the fabulous Lauren who is not only the face behind the gorgeous blog, OhHay! but she also hosts the weekly #cbloggers Twitter chat for creative bloggers, which I totally recommend joining in on for blogging inspiration. 

As soon as I heard about the CBloggers Secret Santa, I couldn't wait to sign up and get involved. Using a questionnaire, Lauren compiled everyone's likes and dislikes and allocated each person a recipient to send a Secret Santa parcel to. The parcel had to include one handmade item, a purchased gift and a card introducing yourself. No one, of course, knew who was their Secret Santa, so the surprise element was very appealing.

My recipient was Kelly, aka MyFairPixel. Kelly is an incredible artist and illustrator (check out her work here!) and creative blogger, with a keen interest in witchy things, tarot and cats. As soon as I found out about her interests, I immediately had an idea for what I wanted to make and it involved embroidery and a magical cat! 

Back in the early days of my business, I use to make mini hoop art, so was keen to try this out again. I did a few cat sketches until I was happy, transferred the image on to white cotton fabric, then started stitching Kelly's magical cat themed mini hoop art using black and gold coloured embroidery thread. Here are some work in progress photos and of course the finished piece! What do you think?

Adventures & Tea Parties Cat Embroidery

It was so much fun creating this piece for Kelly and has got me thinking about returning to hoop art or using the cat design in a different format. Food for thought any how.

Just as I was wrapping up Kelly's Secret Santa present, there was a knock at the door. The postman had arrived with a gold reflective parcel (I kid you not! I spent a good few minutes staring at the jiffy bag alone, ha-ha!) from my Secret Santa, who was none other than Han from Nylon Toast, which is a wonderful creative blog that you must check out! I've already added Han's blog to my favourite blogs list!

I waited until Christmas Day to open Han's present and was chuffed to bits to find an awesome create your own stamp kit, washi tape, mini bottles full of gorgeous glitter (these are so going to feature in my Instagram feed!) AND this beautiful hand embroidered cushion. Isn't it stunning! The attention to detail is incredible. Thanks so much Han you talented lady you! Rudolph is now keeping me company in my studio while I stitch up shop orders.


Nylon Toast CBloggers Secret Santa Swap 2016

Thanks so much to Lauren for organising this creative Christmas swap and for this beautiful handmade card and Christmas Tree decoration that she made and sent to everyone who took part!

CBloggers Secret Santa Swap 2016

Did you take part in a creative swap last year? Maybe a Christmas themed one? I loved this swap so much that I am eager to take part in a few more this year, so if you know of any coming up soon, let me know!

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...