{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

11 November 2016

What's on the jukebox, Jo?

Leonard Cohen

What a week for news, eh? Too much to take in really but I'm not going to write a heavily political post because I'm guessing those of you reading this post will be in the same boat as me, so I'd be preaching to the converted. What I am going to focus on (and have been doing all day) is the sad news that broke today about Leonard Cohen.

Leonard Cohen is one of the first few musicians I was introduced to by my Dad. I remember watching on repeat a wonderful documentary we had recorded off the tv where Leonard Cohen was walking around Greece, interspersed with him singing songs. I have been a huge fan ever since. His poetry and way with words, his gravelly, deep voice, and his beautiful music are so incredibly moving that I actually struggle to put into words what Cohen as a creative represents to me. He conjures up in me such intense emotion that I sometimes struggle to listen to his music because it's just so moving. But today I've been immersing myself in his songs and here are just a few of my favourites.

So Long, Marianne
Suzanne
Take the Waltz
Bird on a Wire
Hallelujah
Everybody Knows
Dance Me to the End of Love

"Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in." 
(From the song, Anthem)

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...