{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

30 September 2016

What's on the jukebox, Jo?

Adventures and Tea Parties Conkers

I got back from Sorrento last Saturday to find that autumn has well and truly arrived in the UK. The shiny conkers are bursting from the trees, the blackberries are being stripped from the hedgerows, and the nights are getting cooler and darker. 

The beginning of autumn has also crept into my studio as I begin to work with burnt oranges and mustard yellows, while being wrapped up in my recently finished knitted, oversized cardigan and clasping cups of tea in-between making personalised orders, writing blog posts, sharing a new 'Meet the artist' interview and doing the regular admin, stock checks, and email correspondence. A normal, if slightly cooler, week at work.

Music, as usual, has been my companion - like an awesome work colleague really. Top of the playlist was a sort of music and art collaboration experience; something that I hope to never forget. Chris Riddell, political cartoonist, artist and illustrator took to Periscope to illustrate one hour of 6 Music. It was the most awe inspiring thing I have ever seen. Not only are each and every drawing stunning but the speed at which Chris draws is breathtaking. I urge you to go watch Chris draw on Periscope. It's an hour of complete and utter pleasure.

Before I go to start a rather busy weekend, I'll leave you with a couple of songs that have hit a chord with me and definitely been on repeat in the studio. Pop them on, have a sing, have a dance and go enjoy your weekend!

New Song by Warpaint
Nothing Arrived by Villagers
Ocean Rain by Echo & the Bunnymen
Breaking Into Aldi by Fat White Family
One More Night by Michael Kiwanuka

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...