{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

11 June 2016

Getting Out More Often

bridgwater and taunton canal

Have you heard of FOMO and GOMO? I hadn't until the lovely Cara from Eventbrite got in touch to ask if I'd like to share how I'm going to eliminate the fear of missing out and instead go out more often. 

Having recently relocated to Somerset to be closer to family and to run my business full time, I'm super keen to get to know my new surroundings and explore all the wonderful things the south-west has to offer. Also, as a solopreneur working from home, it's super important that I get away from the desk, stretch my legs and meet people. Rather than go with the easy option of "netflix and chill" after work and at the weekends, I want this summer to be an active one where I'm getting out more often. So, as a pledge to myself and to share my ideas with you, here are some things I'm hoping to do to help eliminate the fear of missing out.

Active / Join a local yoga class and take daily walks along the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal, which is on my doorstep so no excuse!

Mind / Take a craft course at For Every Cloud and continue getting out to the veg patch to learn how to grow my own food.

home grown broadbeans


Nature / Pick up where I left off with my birdwatching addiction at aged 9 and head to local RSPB reserves with my binoculars and a handy bird guide.

Handmade / Check out handmade markets across Somerset. I've already been to Frome Independent Market, which is held once a month and it was spectacular! I can't wait to go back.


frome independent market


Outdoors / Go wild swimming, take a dip in Greenbank, a heated outdoor lido and take in the scent of the lavender fields at Faulkland.

History / Explore the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey and the medieval city of Wells.


freshly picked flowers


Gardens / Feed my gardening addiction by checking out some Open Gardens and local garden centres, such as the award winning Kelways.

Food and drink / Have brunch at Silvers Pantry and go tea shopping at the Alchemist's Tea shop


There are lots of others things I want to do but I think this lot is plenty to start with! Are you going to get out more often? What will be on your list? Eventbrite has some awesome events to inspire you, so do pop by and have a look and enjoy getting out this summer!



.....

This post hasn't been sponsored and is purely based on my own opinion.

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...