{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

9 June 2016

Review: Frome Independent Market

frome independent market

Last weekend I checked out the Frome Independent Market in Somerset. Held on the first Sunday of every month this pop-up market takes over the old market streets of Frome and is full to bursting with designer-makers wares, local food producers and a whole area dedicated to vintage homeware and goods.

frome independent market

Arriving at lunch-time, I just managed to find a spot to park within walking distance to the market. Next time I will be arriving earlier, so that I don't have the hassle of finding somewhere to park but also so that I have more time to take in all the lovely stalls because leaving myself 4 hours wasn't enough!


Meandering down Catherine Hill browsing all the gorgeous handmade gifts, I arrived in the main market square where the sights and smells of food left me salivating. After a good wander around I decided to head to The River House to have a sit down, lunch and use the facilities! I had the mexican fritters and an iced-coffee, which were mouth-watering! Next time I plan to find a nice spot to sit and eat some food from one of the independent local food producers.

the river house

Playing in the market square was a great band, which sadly I didn't catch the name of but they certainly attracted a crowd of music lovers.

As well as buying loads of lovely vintage goods including this yellow coffee pot, I got to meet two super talented designer makers: Justine from Elytra England and Kate and Gareth from Eggnogg. Their work is amazing, so do go and check them out!

If you are planning a trip to Somerset or the south-west I would whole heartedly recommend including a day trip to Frome Independent Market; you won't regret it! Follow on Twitter to keep in the loop.

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...