{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

8 January 2016

What's on the jukebox, Jo?

music stamp


For those of you who are new to my blog, every Friday I share what's been getting me through the week. It's pretty much always music as that's a big passion of mine. In this weekly post, I share what's been on repeat on my jukebox because hey, everyone needs music on a Friday, right? 

I also take a look back at the week, identifying what I've achieved and learnt. It's a really important part of the week for me because as any small business, solopreneur or freelancer will tell you, it's sometimes hard to feel you've achieved anything because there's always so much to do. You are the writer, the editor, the designer, the maker, the buyer, the director, the photographer, the marketing/finance/HR/IT department...you're even the canteen, serving up daily offers!

Even if you're not a freelancer, grab a piece of paper and write down what you've achieved this week. I bet you'll suddenly remember something awesome that you did on Monday and feel bloomin' marvellous for it. It's a great little exercise in giving yourself a big hug and pat on the back! Go you!

For me, this week has been about getting stuck back into work and I confess, I did struggle. In fact, i struggled to the point that I wrote a blog post about how to get your mojo back on after Christmas.



yellow themed photography


As well as beginning to find my mojo, I also started playing around with my camera as part of Emily Quinton's Make Light Taster Course and in prep for starting her online photography course next week. I really enjoyed thinking about themes, props and colour in photography. My theme this week was bringing light and happiness through the colour yellow.  You can see all my snaps on my Instagram page.

January is all about new designs for my online shops, so I've been busy beavering away on those and I will be sure to share them with you soon! I've also been blogging for Simple Stylish Makes, sharing my latest sewing tips for all you newbies, preparing my tax return, doing a tonne of admin, ordering supplies and fabrics, working on an update of my blog layout/design and reading up on blogging tips

Oh and of course I've had music encouraging me all the way! Top song on repeat this week has been The Good News by Bloc Party! Turn it up and dance people, dance, it's Friday!

Have a great day and wonderful weekend everyone!

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...