{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

12 October 2015

From the garden to the kitchen: how to freeze green beans





I finally cut down my runner bean plants the other day. They had well and truly finished producing a glut of tasty beans. I've been having them with most meals throughout the summer and I've also frozen a big batch too. If you've never frozen them before, it's really easy and today I thought I'd tell you how.

1. Pick all those remaining bright, green beans and give them a good wash. Top, tail and cut them into small chunks.

2. Prepare a large bowl of ice cold water.

3. Bring a pan of water to the boil and pop your beans in for 2 minutes. Scoop out and plunge into the ice cold water.

4. As soon as your beans have cooled, drain and pat dry. Put small portions into individual freezer bags, label and pop in the freezer and voila, you've just frozen your home grown beans! 

5. When you're ready to eat them, just boil for 5 minutes and serve. Easy peasy AND you can keep them in the freezer for up to a year! Happy times!


{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...