{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

7 July 2015

Adventures in the garden: Broad Beans



Broad beans are another first for me in the garden. I planted about 5-6 seeds at the same time as my French runner beans but they were very slow to start. The French sped ahead of them.




Eventually they caught up and three of them made their way into the great outdoors where they seemed to develop and produce flowers quite quickly. But...yep, there's a but...black fly covered two of the three plants. I had no choice but to get out the insecticide. 

The flies have gone but the pretty white flowers have gone black and died. Sad face. I'm not sure what to do next. Maybe cut them back and hope they recover? If any of you lovely folk know a thing or two about broad beans and this pesky problem, I'd love to hear from you! Tips would be greatly appreciated!


{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...