{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

23 July 2015

Adventures in the garden: Beans and Tomatoes

Did you know the longest bean grown in the world was 130cm? Now that's one big bean!

I'm not sure I'll manage that but I can say that mine are zooming up and wrapping themselves around the bamboo canes. I love it how they do that.

From these little shoots a few months ago, they are now looking like this, with orange flowers to boot. That means the beans are-a-coming and, hopefully, there will be plenty to eat fresh, freeze and maybe pickle too.



Everybody has heard the fact that a tomato is in actual fact a fruit but did you know that there are more than 7500 tomato varieties grown around the world? Incredible!

I've never had much luck with tomatoes but I'm persisting again this year. I started a mixture of tomatoes from seed and they shot up in my little plastic greenhouse. Determined to have enough of a crop for one, I've planted the seedlings out into various pots and also directly into one of my veg plots. I'm watering and feeding them regularly in the hope that I will see a nice juicy fruit one day soon. Fingers and toes crossed!

If you have any tips or any thoughts at all about beans and tomatoes, I'd love to hear from you!

Oh and so that you know, gardening and growing plants is my form of yoga. It calms me like nothing else :-)




{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...