{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

21 January 2015

Colour, pattern and texture that simply sings to you


What is it about colour, texture and pattern that really sings out when all three are put together in a certain way? 

I bought this gorgeous yellow-slight-lime-tint-to-it-super-chunky-yarn for a pattern I had planned. But on putting yarn to needle, the pattern just didn't do justice to the colour. You know that feeling when you look at something you've created and it just doesn't work? It's frustrating as hell! On realising that the colour and pattern weren't exactly best of friends, I was rather stumped. In fact, I gave up after three more attempts [insert much stomping about and thinking that all yarn is rubbish].

....but, yep, there's a but! Don't you just love it when, after perhaps throwing in the needles/crochet hook/embroidery thread/etc, you come back to it fresh and say "ahoy there, I've got an idea!" And so my idea came as I decided to go off piste entirely and start knitting my own pattern. Well, I say pattern, I just chose a different stitch and it worked! The colour was alive again! The texture sung out to me and it worked, it worked! 

I love it how colours, patterns and textures can do that to you or simply put, make you say "yes" or "no". It's like a piece of art that speaks to you but not to someone else. It's really quite amazing.
**Since writing this, a few of you lovely lot have been asking for the pattern, here it is:
Row 1: K1, *P1, K1 (repeat from *)
Row 2: P1, *K1, P1 (repeat from *)
Row 3: (repeat from *)
Row 4: K1, *P1, K1 (repeat from *)

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...