{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

10 May 2014

Month in review and some news...

April was a busy ol' month. Here's a little look at what I've been up to...oh, and some news!*
..............

I started sewing for myself again and made a decision about sewing.


A friend took a couple of photos of me that I quite like. When I say "quite like", I mean he's a great photographer, I just don't like seeing myself in photos. I'm very much a behind the camera kind of person because when I'm in front of it I seem to pull the most ridiculous expressions that quite frankly embarrass me! My friend is actually a professional photographer (and darn good one too, check his Facebook page out!) and took these quick snaps on his phone. It's on my to-do list to ask him to take an actual professional shot of me one day....working up to that one.


Towards the end of the month I had the most lovely email from an American Etsy seller who asked for two custom, hand embroidered necklaces for her daughter, Lola. It was a breath of fresh air creating two personalised designs and I hope to do more :-)


My hunt for guest bloggers to write craft tutorials for my blog began and I've been stunned by the response, thanks so much folks! The first two on the blog include this great Birthday Card tutorial and more recently this Bead Embroidered Earring tutorial, with more on the way! If you would like to get involved, head over here to find out more :-)


I finally purchased an overlocker machine and immediately used it to change the hem on my made-to-order handkerchiefs to a gorgeous rolled hem. I'm really chuffed with the result! And talking of hankies, after 
numerous requests, I'm now offering hankies in two sizes! These are available in both my Etsy and Not On The High Street shops.


I wrote my first tutorial for Terry's Fabrics How To Blog (to be published soon!) and also put a new tutorial on my own blog - a Lavender Pin Cushion tutorial


*And my news: 
I'm going part-time on my day job, so that I can focus more time on Adventures & Tea Parties!!! Woohoo!!!

 It's exciting and scary to think that in June I will have more time to try out new designs, respond quicker to orders and also work at getting my business to help pay the bills. But, it's something I had to do. Since I started Adventures & Tea parties in earnest back in November 2012, I have never been busier...to the point that every evening and weekend is spent working on it...that means hardly any time for me, barely seeing my friends and family and even getting ill; not good. It actually got to a breaking point and I had to make the decision to either quit A&TP or make a radical change in order to continue with it. 

Knowing all too well how short life, I decided that I should just go for it but look at making a better life balance and so I made the scary decision to ask my boss if I could go part time and I can't believe it's actually happening. I'm hoping, in fact I'm want to ensure, that it results in evenings and weekends not just being about fulfilling orders and writing blog posts but about seeing my friends and family and relaxing with a good book. 
Fingers crossed!

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...