{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

2 April 2014

The Sewing Cafe: Mini Clutch Bag workshop



A couple of weeks back I headed over to the Sewing Cafe in Hinckley, Leicestershire, for a Mini Clutch Bag workshop. This was part of my month of sewing new things and I'm sooooo glad I went! 




For starters, the Sewing Cafe is the most inviting, gorgeous place, full to the brim with fabric and haberdashery bits and plenty of place for several workshops a night. Not only that but it is run by the lovely, Fay and Becky. A great place to go and get inspired!




The mini clutch bag workshop was run by the talented Heather who not only designs her own fabrics but makes gorgeous purses out of them and sells them in her lovely Etsy shop!
Heather made the whole atmosphere friendly and relaxed and was an absolutely wonderful teacher! Everything was clearly explained and demonstrated and none of us felt rushed. The only hardest bit of the whole thing was choosing fabric and ribbon - too many lovely colours and patterns to decide between; a good problem to have me-thinks!


These aren't the purses we made but we did the same technique with the gorgeous pleat in the middle, with ribbons to compliment. I have yet to take a proper photo of my own finished purse. It's on the to-do list!


Several cups of tea later, we all finished our bags and I think it's safe to say, we now want to make more. In fact, I have already purchased from the Sewing for Pleasure show some fabric I spied at the Sewing Cafe and a mini metal clutch part to compliment the fabric. I cannot wait to get making and I also cannot wait to go back to the Sewing Cafe. I just need to decide which workshop to do next!
Have you been to a crafty workshop recently? I'd love to hear all about it!
...................
All of these gorgeous photos have been taken by the Sewing Cafe

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...