{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

20 April 2014

My month of sewing and a decision

Back in mid-March I decided to go on a self imposed sewing leave for a month. I was desperate to get to know my new machine better and try out some new projects. 

I didn't do nearly as much sewing as my greedy, crafty belly had imagined but I did learn some new things and also discover something: I need to sew more regularly because I love it! So, I've made a decision to schedule in a sewing night once a week to focus on sewing for my own pleasure. I've got lots of projects I want to try out, including the list of ideas I've got for my Sewing for Pleasure purchases, which you can read about here.


It's been great finding my passion for sewing again and realising that it should feature in my life more regularly. Here are some of the things that have encouraged this in my month of sewing leave.



This mini clutch bag kick started the whole sewing leave. I made it at a great workshop at the Sewing Cafe in Hinckley and you can read all about it here and have a look-see at some more pics here.


After a great time at the Sewing for Pleasure show, I finally bought myself an overlocker and featured it in a new tutorial for a lavender pin cushion.


I also finally decided what to do with this cute anchor print fabric, which I bought yeeears ago! I made a Tilly and the Button's Miette skirt. I had never done pockets or a waist band before, so it was great trying out something totally new to me!

With this renewed love of sewing, I hope to share more pics of my makes, as well as tutorials for Terry's Fabrics, who I'm now writing tutorials for. My first tutorial will feature soon, so stay tuned!

Have you found your passion for something crafty again or discovered a totally new craft? I'd love to hear all about it!

Happy crafting!

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...