"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
The lovely Elise from Elise Dopson nominated me today and having never done anything like this before, I've decided to give it a shot!
Here are my 11 random facts:
1. I broke my leg at the age of five by pretending to be Super Woman
2. I like cheese with chocolate
3. I have sleep apnea
4. I absolutely love the 1985 tv version of Anne of Green Gables and have lost count how many times I've watched it
5. I started walking at 5 months old
6. I'm a complete geek board game player
7. I collects scraps of fabric in jars
8. I like to think I invented the lawn mower dance move (youtube tutorial coming soon *not*)
9. I had an imaginary friend called LeeLee when I was little
10. I only got around to watching Bugsy Malone at the age of 30 (i.e. 2 months ago)
11. I once went to school in my pyjamas because I loved wearing them so much
My questions from Elise are:
1. Summer or winter?
Winter. As a lass born in chilly Derbyshire in the middle of November, I think the winter season must be in my blood! I love all the different shades the sky paints; wrapping up in gorgeous wooly tights and scarves; those crisps bright winter days and above all; and snuggling up on the sofa with a cuppa tea and my knitting. Utter bliss!
2. What is your most favourite thing about blogging?
Meeting other bloggers and building great networks. Since blogging, I've met some incredibly inspiring people and now cannot think what I would do without it!
3. Favourite nail polish?
I'm very lazy when it comes to nail polish. In my younger years I use to wear every colour going but these days if I do crack out the polish, it's either red or dark aubergine.
4. Writing reviews or haul-type posts?
To be honest, I haven't really written either but I would like to do some haul-type posts in the future, especially now that I have just got my first car and plan on going round the vintage fairs (completely Kirstie inspired!).
5. How long does it take you to write a post usually?
Ooh that's a tough question. Can't say I really keep an eye on the clock but then I don't tend to stretch it out too long. Usually I have an idea of what I'm going to write and as I'm travelling to and from work, think of the idea further, how I'll structure it, then get home and write it down asap. The writing part probably takes about 20-30 mins.
6. All-time best mascara?
Ha ha, see question 3, again I'm not a big make-up person. I tend to keep things as simple as possible, using the most reasonably priced make-up I can find [looks at make-up bag as cannot remember what brand was last chosen]...at the moment I'm using a brown/black Max Factor. It seems to do the job!
7. Who is your main blog inspiration?
Another hard question! There are so many bloggers who I find inspiring that I simply couldn't say, hence doing my monthly Blog Gem series in which I interview my favourite bloggers.
8. Favourite candle scent?
I don't tend to have scented candles around the house but if a scented candle salesman were to drop by the house right now and they had any scent I could possibly imagine, then I would choose a pine scented candle...I'm not sure what's inspiring that choice! ;-)
Ok, I had to look up what on earth "dupes" means! Ha ha! If it means the first definition as given here, then I have lots of best buddies most of whom don't blog but are possibly reading this ;-)
10. Reading or watching blogs/vlogs?
I love reading blogs but more recently I've really enjoyed watching vlogs as it's great to see and hear the face behind the blog.
11. What was your favourite blog post to write?
I love writing both my 'Blog Gems' and 'Lunch breaks in the city' series. The former because I love getting to know people and forming bloggy networks. The latter because I'm really getting into photography and I absolutely love thinking of where to go next for this series, then going and being a complete tourist in my own city.
Ok, so now I've answered those great questions from Elise, I'm now going to nominate the following lovely bloggers:
1. Debbie from From the imagination of lady snail
2. James from LA Limey
3. Claire from Claireabellemakes
4. Imogen from Miss Imogen Smith
5. Anna from Miss Beatrix
6. Jenny from Jenny and the Magic Feather
7. Lois from Head in the Clouds
8. Sophie from Onetenzeroseven
9. Jen from Little Birdie
10. Louise from Elsie May and Bertha
11. Sally from Sally Tangle
My questions to you folks are:
1. North or South?
2. Countryside or city?
3. Home or away?
4. If you could have a magical power for one day only, what would it be?
5. Can you make any interesting anagrams with your name?
6. Is the glass half empty or half full?
7. Do you sing in the shower?
8. Favourite colour?
9. Morning person or night owl?
10. Henry's Cat or Pigeon Street?
11. If you could have a dinner party with 5 people of your choice (dead, alive or fictional) who would you choose?
Thanks so much to Elise for nominating me, I've really enjoyed taking part!
Happy Christmas everyone!