{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

20 December 2012

Lunch breaks in the city - Old Street, part 1

 On this particular lunch break (one of my last few in London), I headed up to Curtain Road in the Shoreditch area of town. Shoreditch is a particularly trendy part of town, full of "shoes and haircuts" but there are plenty of interesting stories behind the etymology of the name 'Shoreditch'. An incredible one being the possibility of the name originally being 'Shore's Ditch' after Edward IV's mistress, Jane Shore, supposedly being buried or dying in a ditch in the area. I'm a total geek when it comes to etymology. I find it endlessly fascinating.

Anyway, here are some snaps...




Camera and I were practicing some reflective shots...




I wonder what Jane and Edward would think about the street art of Curtain Road...





 The mystical art work of Scrutton Street....







I love the idea that the 'storage solution' could possibly be found in the evil waves of hell below!







Enter if you dare!




There was so much street art, that Camera and I went a little snappy happy, so stay tuned for part 2 of Old Street to be posted up tomorrow.




{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...