{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

4 November 2012

Lunch breaks in the city - St Pauls

This particular grey, overcast lunch break in the city, took me and camera on a mini adventure to St Pauls Cathedral. It's truly incredible to read that there has been a church on this site since AD 604. The latest design, and by latest I mean the 1600s (amazing hey!), is truly awesome. Sir Christopher Wren must have been a pretty busy man. Not only did he design St Pauls but 52 other churches too and he lived to the ripe old age of 90!

I like the fact he was a busy designer who lived to an incredible old age for the time he lived in. Maybe designing and creating helped keep him healthy?

I've found this lovely quote about Sir Christopher Wren on Wikipedia by Edmund Clerihew Bentley:


"Sir Christopher Wren
Said, "I am going to dine with some men.
If anyone calls
Say I am designing St. Paul's.""


Isn't that wonderful!

Anyway, enough of a history lesson, here are a selection of the pics I took and look I managed to capture an old routemaster bus!


I was trying to frame St Pauls with the leaves and branches of a tree....




I think these windows are stunning...



So much decoration all over St Pauls...



Trying a few different angles...



Think I have a thing for doors. I could have easily filled this post with pictures of different door designs.




Yes, this is the actual time. I always take a late lunch break. Less people to navigate around and much more peaceful at this time.




Yes, there is a pigeon on Vicky's head. Hee Hee. 




This makes me think of Alice in Wonderland.






Can you see the embroidery through the window? 




All that walking around, my shoes needed a clean!






I hope you enjoyed this lunch break in the city! Have you been a tourist recently and got any snaps to share? I'd love to see them, so feel free to post a link to your blog etc below.


{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...