{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

9 August 2012

Lunch breaks in the city - All Hallows!

I mentioned in my last post that I discovered a true gem in my lunch break, which kicked off this new blog series. Well, I can finally reveal...part 1 !! Yes, there are two parts!! Ha ha, I'm a meany! Well, it does explain the utter excitement when I found them and why a one hour lunch break definitely doesn't do them justice. In fact, I reckon I'm going to be spending more time round here - the beauty of a find hey, you just want to keep looking and immerse yourself in it. It's a bit like when you find a new tune and (if like me) go totally do-lally over it and have to listen to it on repeat! :-)

On this particular lunch time jaunt, I listened to the band Spoon and repeated two songs twice: The Underdog and 1975.

Anyway, lets get the drum role going for....

All Hallows by the Tower!















And what was opposite this lovely church? This...


Bit of a contrast hey! Not quite made my mind up yet but in the flesh I was swaying towards liking the utter contrast of old and new. Though now looking back at my photos, I'm not so sure. What are your thoughts on young and old architecture being neighbours? I mean, the whole of London is a hodge-podge of young and old, which is part of what makes it pretty spectacular. Hmm, one to think on.

So, what's so special about this church anyhoo? Well, it's only the oldest church in the city of London!! Bearing that in mind, it's no surprise that it's got a fascinating load of history attached to it! If you're interested, you can read on here. All in all, it's pretty darn cool eh!



{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...