{Nav Bar}

Home   ·   About   ·   Creative   ·   Lifestyle   ·   Sponsorship   ·   Contact   ·   Shop

30 June 2012

Pincushion Swap!

Hi everyone!

Well, it's certainly been a while since I posted. The reason being...I got married! Think that's a fair enough excuse for being AWOL! ;-) I'll be posting a few photos up soon but first things first...the Pincushion Swap!

Just before I went off to get wed, I took part in a pincushion swap over at House of Pinheiro, which I discovered through Mollie Makes blog. I couldn't resist joining in as I'm rather partial to a pincushion or *two*! Umm, yes, possibly got enough pincushions than any one lady needs but hey, they're super pretty to look at and yes, I've probably got a slight addiction to them! :-)

Anyway, the pincushion swap involved being paired up by the fabulous organisers Rach and Charlotte with a fellow swapper, designing a pincushion and sending it to each other. I was paired with the lovely Louise from Elsie May and Bertha. I was really excited and knew instantly after reading Louise's blog that I wanted to send her my sewing machine pin cushion design, Louise being a fellow maker and all.





Literally the day before I was about to leave to say "I do", a big parcel arrived in the post. I wasn't too sure what it could be, especially as I was expecting a small parcel for the pincushion swap. I opened it up and was blown away! Just look at the beautiful pincushion Louise sent me!


Isn't she stunning! I have tried to capture this beautiful peacock from different angles, so that you can all see the attention to detail and amount of work put into it.




And that's not all! Louise not only sent me a pincushion (although it's more like a piece of art!) but she also included some lovely extras!


And, and, and, her sweet message was written on the back of this. How gorgeous is this card!!


Thank you sooooo much Louise! I've really enjoyed the experience and can't wait to do more in the future.

For those of you that would like to see some of the beautiful designs other people swapped with each other, have a look at this Flickr album. Louise has also posted up about the swap, showing the peacock process from start to finish on her lovely blog. Fab!

Adios amigos,
:-) x

{Linkwithin}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...